Manifestations of panic and anxiety can be quickly and permanently overcome by various methods: folk remedies, through hypnosis, special pills. First of all, you need to stop being afraid and calm down.
Only in this way will panic attacks and obsessive thoughts be overcome. This condition is dangerous because it can happen in any, even crowded place, when a person is least prepared for it. To prevent these undesirable effects, patients sometimes avoid crowded places.
Sometimes you can do with self-hypnosis. But often a person feels the need for specialized care.
A panic attack of any nature is characterized by certain symptoms. List of main features:
- sudden unreasonable fear, having a “wave-like” character;
- discomfort in the abdomen and heart, they can tingle, ache, go numb;
- fever, alternating with cold sweat;
- sudden redness or pallor of the skin;
- accelerated heartbeat;
- trembling of limbs;
- fear of the appearance of a mental disorder;
- fear of fast death;
- intermittent breathing.
To a person experiencing a panic attack, it may seem that everything around is divorced from reality. Extraneous sounds and human voices are perceived as distant and muffled.
You need to understand how a panic attack is different from a heart attack. To some extent, the signs of these two states are similar.
At the first stage, all the symptoms completely disappear in half an hour, the most acute phase does not last longer than ten minutes. In some cases, only a doctor is able to establish an accurate diagnosis by conducting an additional examination. With heart pain, especially if the painful sensation lasted for a long time, and after the attack there was discomfort, an electrocardiogram should be done to exclude heart disease.
If the study reveals a pathology, treatment begins immediately.
When the symptoms of a panic attack are constantly present, there is a risk of having neurological or mental problems. Their diagnosis also needs to be done in a timely manner.
If the reason lies in a mental disorder, panic attack is one of its symptoms. In this case, the result can be achieved only by curing the main disease.
Treatment of panic attacks should be versatile and combine a variety of methods. For effective therapy at home, you can apply the following methods:
- Receiving soothing and relaxing herbal in various forms (decoctions, infusions, tinctures).
- Relaxation breathing exercises during the attack and as a preventive measure. They restore oxygen metabolism, promote self-control and relaxation.
- Water treatments with herbal extracts before bedtime. This tool has a strong relaxing effect and adjusts to restful sleep.
- Essential oils for homemade aromatherapy soothe and restore emotional balance.
- It is necessary to avoid strong impressions, surges of emotions and stresses.
- Often immersed in pleasant memories.
Some people, starting to realize their symptoms, are recovering. Understanding their illness helps them understand that their condition will soon return to normal. All aspects of therapy are selected based on the individual mental characteristics of a particular person.
To successfully get rid of panic attacks, you need to systematically follow the selected methods and the general scheme of treatment. Medicinal herbs need to be combined with psychological work on themselves.
The result of phytotherapy alone is temporary, therefore only herbal preparations are indispensable.
The patient must be aware that the attacks, although they cause severe discomfort, do not pose a danger to the body. Only by coping with fear, a person can advance in treatment and take control of the situation.
In the process of a panic attack, control over one’s own actions is lost, so taking the drug at this point is unlikely to succeed. Plus, herbal recipes act gradually, not immediately. Attacks – the result of failures in the nervous system, and there is no need to stop them, it is important to get rid of the root causes.
Any herbal remedy should be drunk daily, at regular intervals. Herbal remedies:
- Valerian perfectly copes with irritability, relieves emotional overstrain after an attack, shows a sedative effect and calms. To make a tincture you need to take 100 g of dry, shredded root and mix with 0.5 liters of vodka. Then leave the infusion in a dark and cool place for two weeks, sometimes shaking the container so that the precipitate does not fall out. This tool is taken 30 drops three times a day, adding it to a glass of warm boiled water.
- Effective in the removal of voltage decoction of oregano ordinary. To make it, you need two teaspoons of the dried plant mixed with 0.3 liter of boiling water and leave in a water bath for ten minutes. The cooled liquid must be thoroughly filtered and taken 120 ml three times a day 30 minutes before meals.
- The action of motherwort is similar to valerian, but the effect is much stronger. To prepare the broth, you should take two tablespoons of the plant and mix with 200 ml of boiled water, then heat to boiling. Holding the broth over low heat for ten minutes, it must be drained and diluted with water to a volume of 200 ml. Drink the broth to the day of its preparation, dividing the total volume of liquid into three doses.
- In the evening, herbal teas that have a positive effect on the human nervous system and help from insomnia can have a good effect. It is advisable to choose mint, chamomile or lemon balm. To make tea you need to take one teaspoon of dried, crushed plants and stir in a glass of hot water. The tool should be left for a quarter of an hour, after which you can drink it an hour before going to bed. To enhance the effect and improve the taste, you can add bee honey.
Water treatment with the use of extracts and decoctions of medicinal plants brings the desired result with the regularity and correctness of its implementation. Bathing should be conducted ten-day courses, it is preferable to choose the time closer to sleep.
Water temperature should be close to body temperature or slightly warmer, the duration of one dose is 15 minutes. In the bathroom light should be dimmed.
Intense illumination will negatively affect the process of relaxation and can cause over-stimulation of the nervous system.
To add to the bath perfectly suited plant collection of thyme and lemon balm. For the preparation of the collection should be on 100 g of lemon balm take 250 g of thyme and 50 g of dymyanki and mallow.
All ingredients must be taken dried and mixed with two liters of boiling water. Insisting ten minutes and filtering, the collection can be dissolved in the bathroom.
Soothing effect will receive coniferous baths. Coniferous essential oils and tannins in the cones have a positive effect on the human immune system.
To make a decoction, you need to take a kilogram of needles and cones for seven liters of water, heat to a boil and cook for 30 minutes on low heat. After straining, the product can be dissolved in a healing bath.
In the process of panic attack, breathing is disturbed, a complex of simple exercises will help to normalize it. The most effective breathing exercises:
- Starting position sitting or standing. You need to place your hand on your stomach and try to breathe in the maximum volume, concentrating on the work of the abdominal muscles and the hand located on them. Inhalations and exhalations are made by the nose, breathing remains deep and slow. Exhaling deeply, you can stop breathing for a few seconds, after which the exercise resumes. This technique helps to normalize the process of breathing in a short period of time and helps reduce body discomfort during an attack.
- In a standing position, feet shoulder-width apart, it is required to begin an independent massage of the scalp. Eyes closed. It is important to distract from the environment as much as possible, to feel yourself in a far, very pleasant place, for example, on the seashore, among trees, a mountain river). Inhaling and exhaling should be done only with the nose, trying to get as much air as possible. Do not stop breathing.
- When sitting in a comfortable chair with the back, the method of holding the breath and gradual concentration is effective. The basic principle is that inhaling and exhaling with the nose, you should try to hold your breath for a long time between individual inhalations and exhalations (no more than 15 seconds). This technique improves the ability to concentrate on breathing and relaxing the body, without focusing on the discomfort during a panic attack.
Basic rules for breathing exercises:
- breathe only nose;
- if you feel unwell, immediately stop the exercise.
Breathing exercises can be used both during an attack and in everyday life (for training and prevention purposes).
In the treatment of panic conditions will help: the right way of life, moderate exercise and positive impressions of communicating with loved ones. The best prevention of seizures in the future will be the understanding that fear further enhances their negative manifestations, and the attacks themselves do not pose a serious danger.
When a person can consider them only a feature of his nervous system, and not a threat to life and health, the symptoms will not appear so clearly. No need to wait for repeated panic attacks, but you need to prepare for them.