With a sedentary lifestyle, arthritis of the knee often occurs; folk remedies treatment of this dangerous disease is used along with conservative medical products.
What is arthritis
Arthritis of the knee is an inflammation of the connective tissues inside the patella. As a result, cartilage tissue deformation, insufficient formation of lubricating fluid, and some other pathologies may also begin.
The disease, along with complications, gradually progresses, gradually leading to difficulty in motor activity and complete immobilization of not only the knee joint, but also the lower limb as a whole. Very often, many other internal organs and systems are affected by knee arthritis.
The general condition of the body is deteriorating.
Causes and symptoms of knee arthritis
The main causes of knee arthritis are:
- excessive power overload of the knee joint;
- middle and older age;
- age-related changes in hormonal levels;
- viral infections;
- allergic reactions;
- dangerous knee injuries (for example, an open fracture);
- errors during scheduled operations;
- failure of blood and lymph circulation in the patella area.
The main symptoms of arthritis are:
- swelling and redness in the knee area;
- severe pain with flexion and extension of the leg;
- changing the shape of the joint;
- deterioration of the general condition of the body.
If signs of illness appear, you should immediately consult a rheumatologist or arthrologist. After all, it is advisable to treat arthritis at an early stage, until the pathology has assumed a chronic form.
Basic treatment rules
After examining the patient, the attending physician will determine the necessary treatment regimen. It can be:
- conservative treatment methods;
- folk remedies;
- surgical intervention.
As the healing course proceeds, the patient should be examined periodically by a doctor. This will help to adjust the main treatment regimen to increase its effectiveness.
How to apply a compress
The treatment of knee arthritis by folk remedies is widely used. A well-known method of traditional medicine – the imposition of a compress on the inflamed joint. To carry out this procedure, you will need:
- piece of linen or cotton fabric;
- a piece of polyethylene or small package;
- gauze bandage;
- warming material (for example, cotton wool or linen made of natural wool).
As an active ingredient, tinctures from medicinal plants are used. Cotton or linen fabric should be moistened with medicinal fluids.
Lightly squeeze and cover the kneecap with it. Overlay film overlay.
The next layer is insulation. Then fix everything with a bandage.
Compress incubated from 15 minutes to 12 hours. Then it must be removed and put on the skin glycerin or vegetable oil (preferably olive oil).
Compresses to remove puffiness
Well helps to treat arthritis honey compress from fresh cabbage leaves, burdock or mother and stepmother. Large sheet should be washed in hot water and slightly heated in the oven (without drying). Then make cuts on the sheet (not through) with a sharp knife.
Smear honey over the entire surface. Cover with a sheet of patella.
To impose a film and the warming cloth. To fix. The procedure is carried out daily before bedtime to relieve swelling and inflammation.
In the morning, release the knee and gently massage.
Blue clay for therapeutic compress moistened with warm water. Spread over the patella.
Cover with foil and warm cloth. Fix with a bandage.
After 4 hours, the clay is washed off with warm water. Olive oil or moisturizer is applied to the skin.
This method will help not only remove the swelling, but also improve the condition of the joint.
Fresh potatoes need to wash and chop with a knife. Pour boiling water and warm to 39 ° C.
Apply the resulting gruel on cotton fabric. Layer thickness – 2 cm. Attach to the joint and cover with film and insulation.
The compress is warming, so the dressing must be airtight.
Tincture of the flowers of lilac or chestnut is a good anesthetic for arthritis. You can use both dry and fresh raw materials and vodka or medical alcohol. To insist in a warm place without access of light for 3 weeks.
Strain and apply to the rubbing of the joints. When the pain subsides, it is necessary to apply a warm bandage.
Flaxseed helps to warm the aching joint and reduce the intensity of pain. Therefore, it is often used to treat arthritis.
Dry raw materials need to be heated in an oven and wrapped in a dense natural fabric. Cover the joint, apply a warming bandage and fix.
When the flaxseed has cooled, remove the compress. The joint must be insulated to maintain the effect.
Calendula flowers – known anti-inflammatory and disinfectant. They need to be filled with good quality triple cologne.
Insist in a warm and dark place for at least 45 days. Strain and apply for warming and antiseptic compresses.
Garlic in the treatment of arthritis
For tincture you need to clean and pass through the press 5 medium heads. Pour vodka (0.5 liters). Insist in a dark warm place for 10 days.
Strain. Drink 1 tsp. before meals three times a day.
Fresh garlic juice is used for compresses. Before applying it is necessary to lubricate the knee with a rich, nourishing cream.
For oral administration, the juice is mixed with warm fresh milk. Proportion – 10 drops per 200 ml.
Accept every 3 hours.
Means for oral administration
- Dry elder flowers must be filled with water in the proportion of 1 tbsp. (with a slide) on 1 l. Boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Insist under a napkin. After 45 minutes, skip through 3 layers of gauze and lightly squeeze. Add boiled water to the initial volume. Take 1 glass three times a day.
- Birch sap should be collected in the spring. Keep refrigerated. Drink from arthritis of the knee in the same manner.
- Dry yarrow must be crushed. Pour boiling water in the ratio of 1 tbsp. 200 ml of water. Insist in a warm place for at least 120 minutes. Strain and add boiling water to the original volume. Take 3 times a day 30 minutes before meals and 1 tbsp.
- For tincture of horse sorrel, the plant root and high-quality vodka are used. Dry raw materials need to grind and pour in a proportion of 3 tbsp. on 1 l. Insist 2 weeks in the heat without access of light, occasionally shaking. Take 1 tbsp. 2 times a day.
- Tincture of fresh dandelion heads (crushed) is prepared in the same way. Used for lubrication and rubbing of the sore joint.
- Infusion of nettle leaves drink 1 tbsp. 3 – 4 times a day. For cooking you need to pour boiling water (200 ml) 1 tsp. crushed dry raw materials. Infuse 1 – 2 hours, covered with a napkin. Strain through a fine sieve or cheesecloth.
- When salt deposits and severe pain caused by arthritis, bay leaf helps. It is necessary to pour boiling water in the proportion of 30 leaves per 200 ml. Simmer for no more than 5 minutes. Insist warm for 3 hours. Drink 1 tsp. several times. Conduct several 3-day courses with a break of 7 days.
- The traditional method of treating arthritis is apple cider vinegar. It must be added to boiled water at 7-10 drops per 1 cup. Drink 3 to 5 times daily before meals. Course duration – 3 weeks.
- A dry leaf of lingonberry (2 tsp) needs to be filled with water (250 ml). Bring to a boil and simmer for 15 minutes. Cool, strain, add boiling water to the original volume. Drink in small portions for 1 day. In the morning prepare a new batch.
Chopped horseradish root (1 kg) pour water (4 l). Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
In cooled broth add 0.5 kg of honey (preferably lime). Stir and refrigerate in an airtight container.
Eat 200-250 g daily in small portions, the course of treatment is 6 months.
To prepare a medical mixture for oral administration, you need to take 500 g:
- celery root;
- natural honey.
Celery and lemon (do not remove the zest, remove the seeds) grind in a blender or in a meat grinder. Add honey and mix thoroughly.
Transfer to a glass jar with an airtight lid. Keep in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
Take 1 tbsp. before meals 3 times a day. The mixture is well preserved in the refrigerator. When the composition is over, you need to take a break for 15 days.
Then conduct a second course.
A remedy of the following ingredients will help relieve severe inflammation:
- barberry root;
- natural honey;
- rye grain;
First you need to fill with water (2 l) rye grain (1 cup). Bring to a boil and strain through cheesecloth. In the resulting broth pour crushed barberry root (3 tsp.).
Pour vodka (500 ml). Add natural honey (1 kg).
Stir, hermetically seal and hold in heat for at least 21 days. Without access to light.
Drink 3 times daily for 3 st.l. before eating.
Therapeutic ointment for grinding the knee joint is prepared from the following ingredients:
- dry hop cones;
- St. John’s wort;
- eucalyptus oil.
Dry raw materials grind into powder and mix in equal shares. Add eucalyptus oil (50 ml). Stir again and leave for 24 hours in a warm place.
Rub painful joints in the morning and in the evening with a finished ointment.
Calcium-rich cottage cheese contributes to the rapid healing of diseased joints and the overall improvement of the musculoskeletal system.
For its preparation it is necessary to add a solution of calcium chloride (1 tbsp) to fresh whole milk (500 ml). Pre-milk should be heated to 60 ° C over low heat.
Ready to cool the curd and eat constantly. You can add a little sour cream.
It must be remembered that any folk remedies can be used only with the permission of the attending physician.
Copying materials from the site is possible without prior approval in case of installation of an active indexed link to our site.
Attention! The information published on the site is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation for use.
Be sure to consult with your doctor!