Ointment Kapsikam has local irritating and warming properties, which can cause a chemical burn if improperly applied, an individual allergic reaction or sensitive skin. If itching and unpleasant sensations occur, it is recommended to immediately remove the components from the affected area.
The answer to the question of how to wash Kapsikam, involves the use of oil, soap and cold water.
How to remove the cream from the skin
If side effects occur, the drug can be neutralized with an alkaline soap solution and cool water. Before washing, remove as much ointment as possible from the body. To get rid of burning, it is recommended to moisten a cotton pad in vegetable oil or rich cream, then gently wipe the problem area of the skin.
This should be done carefully so that the remaining ointment does not fall into the deep layers of the epidermis.
After removing residual ointment, proceed to washing. The duration of the procedure is at least 20 minutes.
If the burning sensation persists, the duration can be increased to 40 minutes. During washing it is necessary to use soap or alkaline soap solution.
What you can not do:
- Comb the skin. Itching may precede or accompany the burning sensation. Attempts to alleviate the condition can lead to damage to the upper layer of the epidermis, deep penetration of the ingredients of the ointment and increased irritation.
- Trying to wipe off the ointment with your hands. This can lead to the spread of burning and getting funds on the mucous membranes. Kapsikam is a potent drug, so even a small amount can cause discomfort.
- Use warm water. This can enhance the effects of ointment. Kapsikam can not be flushed with water, the temperature of which exceeds the human body (+ 36.6 ° C)
- Rub the skin with a washcloth. Rough mechanical action will lead to deep penetration of the components of the drug and increased burning sensation. A hard washcloth can damage the upper layer of the epidermis and slow down healing.
- Instead of washing, hold a local bath. With a constant supply of water, the concentration of the ingredients of the warming agent decreases. When holding the bath, the active substances remain in the liquid and can penetrate into other parts of the body.
- Wait for the independent disappearance of side effects. The action lasts for 2-3 hours. The maximum effect is observed 40–60 minutes after application of the medicine. In the absence of first aid, a heart attack is rarely observed.
After washing, you can not wear clothes and jewelry that are in contact with the drug. Remains of ointment can again cause itching and burning.
First aid for burning
First aid measures depend on the location of the burn. If the mucous membranes are damaged or if a drug gets into the gastrointestinal tract, you should immediately consult a doctor, taking a tube of ointment with you. If skin is injured, after washing it is necessary to apply a baby or moisturizer to the problem area.
This will help reduce discomfort.
If the burning sensation persists after a long wash, you can repeat the procedure. Expose the damaged area for 5–6 minutes.
Additionally, to make you feel better, you can briefly apply a soft cloth dipped in cold water to the burned skin.
After the initial treatment and application of the cream is recommended to impose on the damaged area a loose dressing. Use a sterile bandage or a soft, dry cloth to prevent contamination.
It is necessary to consult a doctor in the following cases:
- After receiving a burn, the patient shows signs of shock: loss of consciousness, blanching of the skin and breathing problems.
- The diameter of the burn is more than 7 cm in diameter. The deep layers of the epidermis and subcutaneous adipose tissue were affected. When a second degree burn occurs, swelling, redness and blisters occur, which are filled with a clear liquid. Damage to the third and fourth degree when using Kapsikam rarely appear.
- Large joints of the arms or legs, face, groin or buttocks were injured.
- The patient complains of severe discomfort, which cannot be eliminated with the help of painkillers.
Additionally, it is recommended for pregnant women to visit a medical facility, since a warming effect and a burn can cause premature birth.
In most cases, when using Kapsikam, first-degree burns are observed, which disappear on their own in 2-3 days. Patients have a slight swelling and slight redness of the skin.
With timely washing, symptoms may disappear in 20-30 minutes after removal of residual ointment. If the patient is lately given first aid, the components of the medication will act within 1–2 hours.
Further care for severe burns is to quickly restore the skin and prevent the infection from entering the damaged tissue. To improve well-being, disinfect and accelerate the disappearance of symptoms, you can use the ointment Levomekol or its analogues. The drug destroys pathogens and has an anesthetic effect.
Often used Bepantin cream to eliminate irritation and rapid healing.
It is recommended to give preference to products that easily penetrate the epidermis. With a strong pain syndrome, you can use the spray.
Burning dressings are sometimes used.
When immunity is weakened and improperly treated, damaged tissues may be infected. This will lead to suppuration of the blister and inflammation of the problem area.
With the penetration of pathogens in patients with fever, alarming weakness, chills and drowsiness. Damage heals more slowly.
In case of adverse events, the penetration of the infection into the bloodstream or the occurrence of a scar in the problem area is possible.
When a scar appears, there is a risk of inflammation and further formation of a volumetric keloid scar. The process of its formation may be accompanied by burning and itching.
A scar that protrudes over the skin is often injured, inflamed, and can be reinfected. Large keloid scars are surgically removed. The seams are treated with special means that prevent the growth of tissue during healing.
Small formations are eliminated by laser polishing or potent chemical peels with fruit acids.
Improper use of Kapsikam ointment may result in a chemical burn. Most often there is damage to the first degree, but possibly a violation of the integrity of the subcutaneous tissue.
In most cases, to eliminate the burning sensation, it is sufficient to properly rinse. The problem area should be treated with soap and cold water for 20-40 minutes.
In case of extensive injuries, it is necessary to additionally apply healing agents with an antimicrobial effect to the damaged areas.
Copying materials from the site is possible without prior approval in case of installation of an active indexed link to our site.
Attention! The information published on the site is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation for use.
Be sure to consult with your doctor!