Black radish is an ordinary-looking root vegetable, which has been highly valued since ancient times in many countries for its healing properties. It is used in traditional medicine for the treatment of various diseases.
Root is associated with homemade cough syrup, while many miss the importance of black radish for joints.
Composition and healing properties
The rich chemical composition gives the radish the right to be called a natural pantry of vitamins, micro-and macronutrients. The main substances in its composition:
- Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant that stabilizes redox reactions, supports the immune system. It helps to strengthen the walls of blood vessels, reduces the fragility of blood capillaries. Helps in the synthesis of collagen needed for joints.
- Potassium is the main intracellular element that is involved in acid-base and water-salt balance. Takes part in the conduction of nerve impulses, muscle contraction, regulates pressure.
- Silicon is an important element involved in the formation of bone tissue. It enhances collagen synthesis in the connective tissue, from which joints and tendons are formed. Affects the absorption of calcium, essential for bones. In addition, silicon improves immunity, prevents premature aging.
- Cobalt – is part of vitamin B12. Participates in the processes of blood formation, in particular, the development and maturation of red blood cells, affects the enzymatic processes.
- Molybdenum – an element that is part of many enzymes that regulate physiological processes. Improves the work of antioxidants, regulates the synthesis of uric acid. Essential for cellular respiration, metabolism.
- Calcium is an important element for the formation of bone tissue. Participates in blood coagulation, various intracellular processes.
Black radish contains small amounts of other nutrients: vitamins of group B, E, PP (nicotinic acid), magnesium, sodium, sulfur, iron, manganese, etc.
Potassium salts contained in the root crop provide its healing properties: they promote the excretion of harmful metabolic products from the body along with urine, regulate the water-salt balance. Radish helps to treat various diseases, including the musculoskeletal system.
The rich mineral composition eliminates inflammatory processes in the connective tissue, restores joint mobility, helps dissolve and excrete salt from the body.
The recipes of alternative medicine for the treatment of joints use crushed root crop or its juice for external and internal use.
The benefits of radish in treating and alleviating the condition of diseases of the musculoskeletal system are based on its anti-inflammatory, analgesic properties. It is used in the following conditions and disorders:
- joint pain;
- for rheumatoid arthritis;
- with pains provoked by gout, heel spurs, hernia of the spine;
- arthritis and others
For external use
Among the many recipes for the treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system the following are considered the most popular:
- Tincture for grinding. For its preparation will need to take 0.5 kg of radish. The root crop is crushed on a grater, pour 0.5 liters of vodka. The resulting mixture should be brewed for 2 weeks in a dark place. After infusion, it is filtered through gauze or in another way. The resulting tincture is used to rub the affected joints. After the procedure, the joints are wrapped with a thick cloth to keep warm. It is recommended to rub into problem areas several times a day.
- Compress of black radish. For this recipe you will need 1.5 cups of freshly squeezed root vegetable juice, 1 cup of natural honey, 100 g of vodka and 1 tbsp. salt. All components are thoroughly mixed. The resulting mixture is impregnated with tissue napkins and applied to sore joints, covered with plastic wrap and towel on top. Compress left on the body for half an hour. Before applying it is possible to make rubbing with the same composition. The procedure is performed until the pain in the affected joint disappears.
- Compresses for treatment, reduction of pain in osteochondrosis, arthrosis, spur. The recipe includes: fresh root juice, medical bile, alcohol, natural honey, sea salt. All ingredients are taken in the same quantity (1 cup). All carefully mixed. The cloth is pre-moistened in hot water, then impregnated with the resulting composition. Compress impose on the affected joint, sore spot at night.
- A simple compress to reduce back pain with radiculitis. For cooking it is required to grind the peeled root vegetable on the grater. The resulting mass of grated radish is placed on a cloth and placed on the problem area. From above the napkin is covered with polyethylene and wrapped in the loin with a warm cloth. The compress is left on the body for 2–3 hours. With the appearance of burning time shorten.
For oral administration
Alternative medicine recommends taking radish juice inwards for diseases of the musculoskeletal system to improve metabolism, detoxify the body.
To prepare the drink you need to take 10 kg of radish. Root vegetables are carefully washed and squeezed out of them juice. The result should be about 3 kg of fluid.
It is poured into sterile dishes and stored in the refrigerator. It is recommended to use 1 tsp. 3 times a day one hour after meals.
Treatment continues until the juice is over.
This root is useful to regularly eat in its pure form to improve the condition of bones and ligaments, joints. Root vegetables, young leaves can be added to salads, snacks.
The seeds of the plant are suitable for raw consumption or salads.
Contraindications and harm
Although radish has many positive properties, it can be harmful in some cases. Contraindications for eating root vegetables:
- gastric or duodenal ulcer;
- gastritis with high acidity;
- inflammatory diseases of the mucous membrane of the colon or small intestine;
- Phase of exacerbation of pancreatic diseases;
- organic heart disease;
- disorders of the kidneys;
- allergy to radish.
Not recommended for pregnant and lactating women. Vegetable juice has a strong choleretic effect. Care should be taken in the presence of stones in the gallbladder.
Treatment of joints with juice is recommended to be coordinated with the attending physician.
Anna, 61, Vladivostok
I had arthrosis of the knee for a long time, but all this time I managed to stop its progression. I try to adhere to a healthy diet, I take medications prescribed by a doctor, and I use traditional methods. I know about radish for a long time, even my mother treated her cough and pain in the joints.
I also use radish when the disease worsens. Most often I do the rubbing with fresh juice and wrap a scarf over night.
Mikhail, 35 years old, Samara,
My grandmother has had arthritis for a long time. She is 80 years old, but she tries to do everything herself. He mainly uses folk remedies, constantly preparing something for himself according to some recipes.
I saw more than once that she insists on black radish with vodka. She says that rubbing helps her when pain intensifies.
I myself have vertebral hernia. I want to try to treat her with this root vegetable.
Anna, 64 years old, St. Petersburg
With age, radiculitis became very disturbing. I take medicine, but I do not forget about the popular methods.
Radish (black) helps the most. I make compresses from it: I rubbed it, pressed it, put the gruel on my back, wrapped it up, and after 2–3 hours removed it.
Immediately there is a pleasant warmth, the pain gradually releases, it becomes easier and I can straighten.
Copying materials from the site is possible without prior approval in case of installation of an active indexed link to our site.
Attention! The information published on the site is for informational purposes only and is not a recommendation for use.
Be sure to consult with your doctor!