The symptomatology of the pathology is fuzzy, therefore 5% of patients with such a diagnosis die due to a late visit to a doctor.
FORMS OF LEFT-SIDE Pneumonia
The lungs are a paired organ. The right lung consists of three lobes, and the left – of two. The lung lobes are segmented.
As a rule, the lower segments are affected, pathological processes in the upper sections are rarely detected. Left-side inflammation has two forms of leakage:
Types of the disease according to the nature of occurrence and characteristics of the course:
- secondary (complication of other diseases).
Types of pneumonia, depending on the nature of the lesion of the lungs:
Most often, left-sided pneumonia has the nature of focal lesions.
CAUSES OF LEFT-SIDE Pneumonia
The causative agent of pneumonia enters the body in various ways.
Etiology of the disease:
- Airborne path. The increase in the number of cases of left-sided pneumonia is recorded in autumn and winter during seasonal outbreaks of infectious diseases. The causative agents of the typical form of the disease are bacteria (pneumococci, streptococci, staphylococci and hemophilic bacilli). Atypical forms of pneumonia can be caused by chlamydia and mycoplasmas. In the absence of protective mechanisms, they begin to multiply actively in the lower respiratory tract. Often, left-sided pneumonia becomes a complication of colds infections.
- Hematogenous way through blood from another source of inflammation during operations, chest injuries or the introduction of narcotic substances with a dirty needle.
- Lymphogenous way with lymph current.
The mechanisms of local immunity have a significant impact on the development of left-sided pneumonia. A person’s lifestyle is also a predisposing factor.
- stressful people;
- people living in a polluted atmosphere;
- chemical workers;
- patients with chronic obstructive diseases.
SIGNS OF LEFT-SIDE Pneumonia
The inflammatory process in the tissues of the left lung with the first symptoms of left-sided pneumonia does not differ from the development of a disease of other localization.
Common signs of pneumonia:
Depending on the type of pathogen, focal pneumonia of the left lung can manifest itself in different ways.
Signs of viral infection:
- dry cough;
- muscle weakness;
Signs of a bacterial infection:
- body temperature above normal;
- cough with sputum.
Symptoms of an atypical mycoplasma infection may combine the signs of viral and bacterial infection.
In a child, left-sided pneumonia is acute. First, an active wet cough occurs, and the body temperature rises to critical values, and the patient is at rest with a shortness of breath.
The child may complain of chest pain, and irritation of the diaphragm can cause his hiccups.
The pathological process in older people does not develop as quickly as in children, but their overall symptoms are similar. In elderly patients over 60, disorientation in space and bouts of unconsciousness are possible.
Often, left-sided pneumonia is masked by other infectious processes, so doctors urge to be attentive to their health, and at the first symptoms of the disease seek medical help.
FEATURES OF TREATMENT
When examining a patient, the therapist pays attention to the patient’s respiratory rate, cyanosis of the nasolabial triangle area, and also conducts a survey to compile a medical history. The final diagnosis is made on the basis of chest radiographs and laboratory tests.
- observance of general rules.
For the treatment of left-sided pneumonia, a course of antibiotics is prescribed. Their effectiveness can be judged 2-3 days after the start of active therapy.
In the event that the results are unsatisfactory, the drug is replaced with an extended-spectrum antibiotic.
The effectiveness of treatment increases significantly after accurate determination of the pathogen, but this can be done only in 60% of cases.
The difficulty of isolating an infectious agent lies in the fact that the upper respiratory tract is literally teeming with various microorganisms, and to identify the pathogen is quite problematic. In addition, the patient requires an urgent start of therapy, and test results can be obtained no earlier than the fourth day.
To alleviate the condition of the patient, a number of drugs with symptomatic effects are prescribed.
- anti-inflammatory drugs;
- chest massage;
- restorative breathing exercises;
General treatment rules:
- compliance bed rest;
- diet food high in calories;
- frequent drinking warm drinks for removal of intoxication;
- reception of vitamins.
Mild forms of pneumonia are treated in community conditions. Detection of complications and severe course is a direct indication for hospitalization. The hospital provides active infusion therapy.
Most often, such treatment is required for persons with weakened immunity and the elderly.
The main success factor during the treatment of pneumonia is its early onset. This rule is especially important for pediatric patients in whom the disease can develop rapidly.
Pneumonia (pneumonia) is a disease in which inflammation of the lung tissue occurs. Often, this disease is caused by infectious pathogens. The appearance of inflammation in.